I have created a save manager for the game NEO Scavenger. Because Ima n00b ass prick that dies too much. And also because the game doesn't auto save! So I was pissed and created this.
It only works for the Steam version, for now.
Last updated: v184.108.40.206 from 24th December 2014.
What does this do?
- Enables keyboard hotkeys to save/load a game save
- Enables to use of the Escape key to access the game main menu and disables F1
- It shows green text on your screen
- It talks to you
How do I use this?
If you don't understand what I just said, it's okay: in simple words don't put the save tool in "Program Files".
Alright. Now the program should show a green message on top of the screen. Something like "NEOn00b Save Scavenger started!". it will also talk to you, don't freak out. You are now ready to roll.
Step 2This is what you will see clicking on the "Help" entry from the tray menu.
It shows the keyboards hotkeys to load and save.
- Hold Numpad . (dot) and hit Numpad 1 --> This will copy the current save to slot #1
- Hold Numpad 0 (zero) and hit Numpad 1 --> This will restore the slot #1 save
Problem you need to know
When you die
Shit happens. Too often.
Well you are a n00b save scavenger afterall.
When on that magnificient screen you know too well, just load the save slot you want, and click "NEW GAME".
If the above failed, "no save found" or during the game
Just start a "NEW GAME". Then select random skills and start the adventure.
When you wake up from the cryo, just go to the main menu, and "SAVE & QUIT"; doing this will create an official save. Now you can overwrite the save using the loading hotkey. The save has now been overwritten. Great.
Now just click "CONTINUE" and the game will load its save that has been replaced by ours. And there you go. n00b.
As said before, an INI file is created. In there you can edit the OSD text font color/size/style and if you wanna have an outline, etc. Don't hesitate to edit the file and to restart the tool to see your changes. If you fuck up the config file too much, just delete it: the tool recreates a new one if needed.
- Fixed bug when the steam install folder ain't at the drive root
- Finding the game save folder should be better now
- Added INI config file
- Added TTS support
- Added OSD text outline
- Sources are now using my latest libraries
- Added tray menu with an help popup showing the hotkeys
- Disabled the ESCAPE key while in game. Now the ESCAPE key behaves like the F1 key: main menu
- Reduced code size
- Removed duplicate icon in the binary
- Tray icon choses now the right icon size
- Binary now contains meta data like product version, etc.
SourcesThe sources can be found there. The programming language is AutoHotkey, using a custom build called AutoHotkey_L. All the source code can be found inside the .ahk file. To compile and create an .exe file, just run Ahk2Exe, select the .ahk file, indicate where to create the resulting .exe and hit Convert! If you don't trust the .exe, just read the code and compile it by yourself ;)
|The license for "NEOn00b Save Scavenger" is the WTFPL: Do What the Fuck You Want to Public License.|
|I don't think the app can actually comply with that license. The OSD.ahk file included in the code is from a dude code named blk_panther. And I still consider this file not altered enough to be considered as 'brand new' pieces of code that I could 'own' and release under WTFPL. Oh well.|